Bold view of the Quadrant, Regent Street, with a red omnibus advertising Dewars. The Quadrant is the name of a section of the southern curve of Regent Street just north of Piccadilly Circus. This view shows it around 1920, just before the curved terrace was replaced by a similar but grander version. The rebuilt Regent Street was opened in 1927. The architect John Nash designed the original buildings seen here in the 1820s. The original colonnade was removed in 1852. Regent Street was already a major West End shopping street. This section included some of London's top men's tailoring shops: Dunn's, Austin Reed, and Aquascutum.